Friday, December 25, 2009

Cozy Christmas

Being home is cozy. Our little house is filled to the brim with warm bodies. Not enough beds for all the heads so every night’s a slumber party-- futons and pillows and blankets littering the living room. 3-day-long games of monopoly. Beatle’s rock band constantly serenading us in the background (right now it’s “Lucy in the sky with diamonds…”). Reading books and watching movie after movie. Sharing youtube clips and SNL sketches. Taking naps with my puppy and kitty (sometimes both of them at the same time, which is the best). Eating good home cooked meals all together. Taking turns cooking (and cooking in a real kitchen). Talking and laughing and debating. Playing new games. Singing carols and hymns.

Merry Christmas from Hawaii! I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

my christmas sounds much like yours. isn't it lovely? I think I'll write about mine as well.